Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Icarus!!!


I finally finished my shawl a few weeks ago and posted these pictures to Facebook, but I wanted to get them up to the blog just in case anyone was looking! hehe. The yarn is Knitpicks.com Shimmer in the Cumulus colorway. It is a true lace weight yarn that is luscious!

Photo 1 is before blocking.
Photo 2 is the shawl blocking on my double bed to give you a bit of a size reference.
Photo 3 is a close up of the detail in the "feathers" part of the pattern.
Photo 4 is the whole shawl after blocking over my office chair.


I so enjoyed knitting this and loved working with charts instead of written patterns. I found it to be so much easier to have a visual representation of the stitches I was making.

I am trying to decide what to make next to challenge my skills! Any suggestions???


No comments:

Post a Comment