Monday, January 25, 2010

Not Me (My Child) Monday- January 25th, 2010 Edition



So my oldest son went home with a friend on Friday to spend the night and go sledding on Saturday.  Knowing how much he loves snow I was excited for him.

What I did NOT expect is for them to end up going skiing.  There is no way my "shy to try new things" son would strap on a pair of skies, use a lift, and go barreling down the slopes. Right?

WRONG!! According to Rebecca and Nate he did just that! And had a grand time doing it! I was so surprised how much he loved the experience.  It is all he's talked about since he got home!  I will post pictures as soon as I get them from Rebecca.

So one would think that after being brave enough to ski for the 1st time, this same son would be brave enough to try skating again after having fallen his first time last year.  I mean we were at a skating party for his classmate and one usually skates at skating parties right??  UM no. NOT MY KID.  He stayed at the rink for 2 1/2 hours and never once tied on a pair of skates. 

What can I say he's an enigma.



Welcome to Not Me My Child! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I wandered over from MckMama's :)
    Congrats to your oldest son on making "Not Me" with his skiing adventure- enigma indeed. This is a sweet little corner of the blogoshpere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Glad you found me and enjoyed your visit.

    ReplyDelete